Australia Day on Buderim MountainWhere the Aussie Community Shines
Past Australia Day celebrations in Buderim pulled in crowds from across the Sunshine Coast! In 2023 the format of the Buderim Australia Day celebrations changes to . . .
The Buderim Australia Day PICNIC IN THE PARK!
When: 3pm till 8pm 26 January
Where: Buderim Village Park on King Street (corner of Church Street)
You are invited to join your friends and family in a celebration of what’s great to be an Aussie!
In Buderim’s newest park with stunning ocean views and lots of room for play, the picnic will include:
- Flag raising ceremony and flag drop in ceremoney!
After the of the military march-up & flag-raising with the Sunshine Coast Statesmen performing the national anthem . . . Skydivers will fly in with spectacularly huge flags.
- Live music on the sound stage from Naomi Sings her folksy tunes, Chris Ah-Gee & Jazz Ella have the cruisy blues, reknowned Aussie singer Mike McClellan joins in and M7 will be dancing the evening away with their upbeat rythm.
- A huge choice of Street food stalls with Gourmet dumplings, calamari, German hot dogs, candy-filled liquorice & fudgy rock-road, Fairy Floss, Loaded Aussie briskets, Potato swirls, Pizza, Filled flat breads
- Licenced bar
- Buderim Lions traditional BBQ
- Face painting for the kids and young at heart
- Culminating in a grand fireworks display from 8pm
Bring your friends, family and a picnic blanket, find a patch of grass and enjoy the festivities!
The whole event is run by volunteers from the Rotary Club of Buderim and supported by other community groups, including the Buderim Lions.